- There was an error
- It was successful
- Hunting & Shooting > Shooting Equipment > Gun Care & Cleaning > Gun Cleaning Accessories
Tipton Rapid Bore Guide Kit(1240742)
Tipton Rapid Bore Guide Kit - RAPID™ allows you to easily align and secure a patch for solvent application, then holds it with the correct amount of tension for perfect jag penetration. When the rod is pushed into the RAPID™, it automatically releases the patch. It also keeps harmful solvents off your gun’s finish in the process.
Tipton Rapid Bore Guide Kit -A bore guide will help protect the bore and action of your rifle by properly aligning the cleaning rod and reducing solvent overflow. Cleaning without a bore guide can allow the rod to “bow” and rub or gouge the chamber and throat of the bore causing real damage and loss of accuracy. Keeping the rod properly aligned not only protects your barrel, it properly directs the force exerted on the cleaning rod handle, allowing tight patches to be pushed safer and easier.
- Features new RAPID patch insertion device that aligns and holds patch in place
- RAPID cuts cleaning time and reduces solvent mess
- Reduces solvent leakage into the guns action
- Ensures proper rod alignment for easier cleaning
- Bore guides protect chamber & bore from damage
- Anodized aluminum tube for durability
- Integrated solvent port
- Kit includes 4 muzzle guides
- Inserts & secures into the bolt position
- Fits most bolt action rifles & AR-15s
- Convenient storage case included
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I don't know what anyone was thinking about when this was designed. Apparently they didn't think that the shooter who is most concerned about the barrel of their firearms usually shoot top grade barreled rifles. Most are made to shoot accurately under one MOA. Generally it requires a stock with a good cheek rest. This is way too long to use as it won't fit. Stocks with adjustable cheek rests don't either. You must remove stock and place the action and barrel in a vise to use. Doesn't save any time there! Good for factory built rifles like Rem. 700 a,b or cell and Ruger mark II.
I bought this yesterday, will be returning it today. Great idea but bad design. The brass rod that holds it in place has about 1 1/2 treads of hold and I found myself fighting to put it back together all the time. Don't waste your money.
I really liked the idea of this product. Easily fits into any bolt action weapon. The only problem I ran into was having to buy a new cleaning rod as my old one was no longer long enough to get all the way through the Tipton device and my barrel. My 3star rating is no fault of the product, I just find it a little faster to clean my rifles without it in place. Hopefully, I will warm up to it with more use.
- Others Who Bought This Item Also Viewed