- There was an error
- It was successful
Stealth Cam PX18 Combo Game Camera 8 MP(1432634)
TEMPORARILY SOLD OUT
Stealth Cam PX18 Combo Game Camera 8 MP - The PX18CMO game camera is 8.0 Megapixel with 3 resolutions; 8mp, 4mp, and 2mp and integrate 18 IR emitters with a 55 foot range.
Stealth Cam PX18 Combo Game Camera 8 MP - The low light image sensor allows for a 30% brighter night imaging. It is a small, effective, game camera that operate just as well at night as during the day. The HD video records lengths of 15 seconds at 16:9 wide ratio. These cameras also feature Reflex Trigger, Matrix Blur Reduction technology, and even active time setting allowing you to set your camera to operate during the hours you prefer. Setting the cameras to burst mode and take 1-6 images per triggering with 5-59 second/ 5-59 minute recovery time out. Each image or video recorded has the date, time, and moon phase, to document animal behavior, habits, and baselines.
- 8.0 megapixel photo resolution for high-quality pics full of crisp detail
- EZ Dial programming can be customized to your preference, or use 3 presets to get up and running FAST during field install
- 14 high-intensity infrared LED emitters generate a no-spook near-invisible 40' flash range at night
- Compact 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"h. case for low-profile placement anywhere you need it
- External LCD display gives you a quick picture count before you even open the case
- Weather-resistant Digital Camo housing is lockable for peace-of-mind
- All photos are stamped with time, date and moon phase for easy reference later
- Takes full-motion HD videos up to 15 seconds long to see nature in action
- Burst mode shoots 1-6 images on a single triggering
- 5-59 sec. / 1-59 min. recovery time out
- SD slot for up to 32GB memory (card not included)
- Runs on 8 AA batteries (not included), has an external 12V jack
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
The delay between when something comes within range of the camera, and then the delays between each photo in a series seems erratic. The delays do not match with the information provided by the company. The initial trigger delay before the first photo in a series seems extremely long.
The PX18 cannot be mounted on a standard camera tripod while attempting to connect to an external battery. The port for connecting the battery is too close to the screw mount on the bottom.
There is at least a one second delay for the first still photo, and a three second delay for video. This information was obtained by contacting the manufacturer. This may be acceptable for some people. However, the camera is marginally useful for monitoring the activities of cats in our home. Our particular concern is determining which cat may have a medical problem (or behavior problem).
It is interesting that since setting the camera at floor level that the cats are not giving problems. I have also noticed that the delay between something entering the field of view and the first photo seems greater than one second. I just thought of a test I can make to determine actual delay.
I will mark this as "would not recommend" due to lack of delay information on the packages.
bought mine at tsc , never had this brand before. it seems to work just fine so far. had to Brownings tail cams and they worked good for the first year,the second year I had to make one out of two and that's when I bought the stealth cam I have know.
Had the exact opposite experience from the other review I just read. I purchased four of the PX18 cameras and used them all last year. The custom setting allows you to pick your delay times, number of photos taken, and other personalized options. Photos were all clear and distance it was triggering actually seemed greater then the 60' advertised in some cases. It even picked up a raven flying across in front of the camera and the photo was surprisingly clear. I would not only buy this camera again, I just did! Ordered another four. Hard to beat for the price!
I wish I could give this zero stars. The trigger speed is absolutely terrible, an the "high resolution" 8mp setting is nowhere near it. I sat in my stand and watched several deer walk right by this camera, one even walked right up to it. There wasn't a SINGLE picture of those deer when I checked the camera that night. Trigger speed is at least a 5 second delay if not worse. Not to mention, often times the camera won't activate properly either. It was out for an entire week and didn't take a single picture. Save your money and save the hassle, don't buy this piece of junk.
- Others Who Bought This Item Also Viewed