- There was an error
- It was successful
- Fishing > Fishing Reels > Spinning Reels
Pflueger President Spinning Reel
Select a product from the chart below.
Pflueger President Spinning Reel - The President is a smooth high quality spinning reel. Featuring a corrosion-resistant stainless steel main shaft and components with a light-weight machined, ported and double anodized, braid ready aluminum spool.
Pflueger President Spinning Reel - The President is an ultra smooth high quality 9 ball bearing spinning reel (6920 has 7 ball bearings) . Featuring a corrosion-resistant stainless steel main shaft and components with a light-weight machined, ported and double anodized, braid ready aluminum spool. Also featuring a smooth multi-disc drag system with stainless steel and oiled felt washer. All components used are of the highest quality ensuring years of use, even through the worst of conditions.
- 9 stainless steel ball bearings (6920 has 7 ball bearings)
- Instant anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing
- Machined, ported and double anodized aluminum spool with distinctive hole pattern for lighter weight
- Braid ready spool
- Anodized aluminum spool with distinctive hole pattern for lighter weight
- Titanium coated spool lip for added line protection
- Large diameter titanium coated line roller
- Smooth front drag system with stainless steel and oiled felt washers
- Sure-Click™ bail provides an audible signal when bail is fully opened and ready to cast
- Solid aluminum bail wire
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel main shaft and components
- Aluminum handle with soft touch knob
- On/off anti-reverse
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I destroy fishing gear. It's a talent. My last President held stong and performed well despite years of punishment. I think I got 7 years out of it, only having to take it apart for deep cleaning/de-gooping twice in that time. Still have it, but it's not what it used to be.
This newer version of the President was bought to replace the old dog and my hopes were high. Time equals progress, I figured. I was somewhat wrong though.
The reel felt nice and smooth at first, but a couple of quick dunks in the water made it gritty, almost to the point of seizure. That eventually ground its way out of the gears and became smooth again. No big deal there, although I expect more from this price range.
The real problem is the bale system. I purposely click the bale shut by hand in many situations (to avoid tangles and loops) and it still has become sloppy and loose in less than a year. Maybe I can fix it, but this President is nowhere near the workhorse my old one was.
I had already recommended it to a friend though and his is still doing fine.
Great spinning reel. Very smooth operation, bail is held open very securely. Facilitates long casts for bank fishing on lakes, all at a very good price. I bought this to replace my wife's broken reel and like it so much I am going to buy one for myself.
This reel was much smaller than I anticipated, but it works really well. It has a nice smooth drag and feels strong for it's size. The non slip grip on the handle was a plus as well. It really has become my favorite reel for the money.
- Others Who Bought This Item Also Viewed
|Item #||Model||Retrieve R or L||Reel Weight||Gear Ratio||Brand||Line Cap||Price||Quantity|
|1283333||6925X||Right or Left||7.2oz||5.2:1||Pflueger||110yd / 4lb||
|1283334||6930X||Right or Left||8.3oz||5.2:1||Pflueger||145yd / 6lb||
|1283336||6940X||Right or Left||10.9oz||5.2:1||Pflueger||230yd / 10lb||