Shopping Cart $0.00 (0 items)
- There was an error
- It was successful
videoUrlUse:[ TZ3Y1Di1mqQ ] (e.g., IetIZ82pXc0)
DeLorme inReach Explorer 2-Way Satellite Communicator
Comments: See How You Can Create Peace of Mind with the Explorer From DeLorme
- Optics & Electronics > GPS & Navigation Gear > Locators/Beacons
DeLorme inReach Explorer 2-Way Satellite Communicator(1393288)
DeLorme inReach Explorer 2-Way Satellite Communicator - Similar to the inReach SE model but the Explorer offers a built-in navigation with waypoints and routing. Nowcreate or view a route, drop waypoints, see your tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
DeLorme inReach Explorer 2-Way Satellite Communicator -Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back send and receive 160-character text messages with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media. Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Waterproof/dustproof - IP67; standard submersion to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- Impact-resistant - Mil-STD-810G for shock
- Internal lithium polymer battery - 2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
gps_dr of Thornton, CO - October, 10 2014:
Had a spot communicator, it was good for its time. Two way communication is so much more useful. Don't have to guess if and when help will show up. They know my location, and can respond. Only pay a small yearly fee & for months I use device.JeraldTee of Odessa, TX - December, 25 2014:
In a way, its hard to rate my inReach Explorer, since there is literally nothing even remotely close to it in the market. Granted, you can't make a phone call on the unit, but maybe that it why its actually affordable. Just about everything else - it does; send email, receive email, digital compass for GPS navigation similar to my Garmin eTrex 30 [which I paid $250 and no longer need it], Free 1:24k topo maps [that I no longer pay and arm and a leg for], works under trees no sweat, tracking, etc. A very full Five Stars for customizable two-way texting via satellite. The built in QWERTY keyboard, while a bit small, is a huge leap ahead of the GPS Messenger I rented couple of times. Navigation in the field is easy to set up,, easy to use, and precise. Paired like a gem to my iPhone 6. This dual purpose unit is hands down fun to use, and practical.
- Others Who Bought This Item Also Viewed