- There was an error
- It was successful
- Footwear > Men's Footwear > Men's Boots > Men's Hiking Footwear
Danner Men's Radical 452 Hiking Boots
Danner 452 Hiker - The Radical™ 452 GXT® boot is as light as it is tough. While internal and external support structures deliver stability and responsiveness, a supportive midsole and sturdy footplate provide comfort.
Danner 452 Hiker - The Radical™ 452 GXT® boot is as light as it is tough. While internal and external support structures (via the patent pending TERRA FORCE® technology) deliver stability and responsiveness, a supportive midsole and sturdy footplate provide comfort. And the waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® liner keeps feet dry all day long.
- 100% waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® lining for the ultimate in comfortable, breathable waterproof protection.
- TERRA FORCE™ technology provides exceptional boot support and stability without the traditional weight. The four components in the exclusive TERRA FORCE™ system combine to form an extremely rigid, stable platform that's also comfortable and supportive.
- Danner Boulder TF outsole employs multi-directional center lugs and traditional outer lugs for a failsafe pattern that gets you comfortably and safely to your destination, whether it's uphill, downhill or on a sidehill.
- Full-grain nubuck leather upper offers better protection in cold and wet environments while offering the some of the best abrasion- and scuff-resistance of all of our leather options.
- Scuff-proof toe cap provides protection where boots tend to show wear.
- 4.5"for added ankle mobility.
- Lightweight at 46 oz.
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
Bought these on sale in my local SW and were my first Danner boot. They are very comfortable, waterproof, and look good. About a month after I bought them, I was talking to a friend of mine and he happened to have the same pair that he purchased a couple of years prior. He told me that they were very comfortable but the soles wear out extremely fast and offer very little traction in a short amount of time.
He showed me his slick soles and said they wore out the fastest of any boot he's ever owned.
Now, a year later, I have about 1/8" of tread and they are worthless as hiking boots. I have fallen a couple of times in the woods due to the lack of traction and have relegated them to use as an around town and home improvement boot. The rest of the boot is awesome, and I will buy Danner again, but not this model.
I have worn/out or through at least 15 pairs of this boot . Don't let that fool you ! I walk a average of 17 miles when working in solvents while maintaining floors . it takes a good year before the boot has holes in the top that still lasts about 6 more months . The thing that sold me the first time is this boot is wider and more stable as the sole sticks out a bit . This saves your ankles from unneeded flexing . This boot is available in a wide version so it has room for your toes . its water proof and the tread doesn't track a lot of mud because its shallow and still keeps plenty of grip . I was suffering from shin splints or pain in the shins when walking this boots great support and cushion stopped the pain .
I purchased my Danner Radical 452 hiking boots online and used the free shipping to my local store. The boots arrived quite quickly and the service dept. called me and let me know my boots had arrived.
I went to the store's service counter and a very polite young man brought the boots to the counter for me. I asked if I could try them on, there in the store. The young man said "you sure can" and directed me to the shoe dept.
While I was trying on the boots, the shoe dept. personell came over to me and asked how I liked my new boots? I unfortunately had to tell him, they were a bit short, I should have ordered a half size bigger. He said "hold on just a minute, I may have the half size larger in stock."
Sure enough he did. They fit and feel wonderful. I went back to customer service and they made the exchange to keep their inventory correct. Transaction was very easy and smooth, thanks to everyones help. Very comfortable for wearing all day. Uninsulated so they aren't too hot on warmer days, yet with wool socks plenty warm on colder days.
I'm very happy with my purchase thru Sportsman's Warehouse.
- Others Who Bought This Item Also Viewed